Dictionary of the Most Advanced Words of Modern Greek
(1st edition, 2015) by George Babiniotis
The Dictionary of the Most Advanced Words focuses on enriching the speaker’s vocabulary with advanced, demanding or difficult words, which are often encountered in literature and contemporary texts of various subject areas. Such words, while outside most people’s everyday vocabulary, are used at a higher communication level, when a more creative, powerful, learned and precise language is needed.
The dictionary includes 4.000 entries, followed by clear, simple and concise definitions, selected synonyms and phrases. All entries are provided with reliable etymological information. About 300 usage notes provide insight into common mistakes, differences between closely related or confused words, and meet the needs of the most demanding readers.
A Companion to the usage of Greek
A practical linguistic advisor for speakers and learners of Modern Greek, specially designed to provide reliable information and clear explanations for most common errors and difficulties (in spelling, grammar, meaning, syntax, vocabulary and usage).
It focuses on the key problem areas in Modern Greek usage, dealing with those errors which practically appear in everyday spoken and written language, but also goes on to identify the problems underlying each difficulty, providing the reader
with plain, explicit answers.
Essential Modern Greek vocabulary in an easy-to-carry pocket format.
- More than 60.000 senses
- Declension and Conjugation Tables
- Spelling Table for words that are difficult to spell
DICTIONARY FOR THE SCHOOL AND THE OFFICE (3rd Edition, 2012)
by George Babiniotis
Distinctive features of the dictionary:
- Colour edition
- Concise grammar
- Declension and conjugation tables
- Special spelling insert with rules and tables
- Concise and useful encyclopaedic information
- Selected original drawings
- Hyphenation of all head entries
The most comprehensive and up-to-date dictionary of Modern Greek.
- More than 150.000 senses
- Etymology of all the words of Modern Greek (including place names, personal names etc) as well as etymology of the words which derive from ancient Greek
- 1075 notes on usage
The most comprehensive etymological dictionary of Modern Greek which actually depicts the history of Greek vocabulary. The essential etymological resource for the expert and the perfect book for the word lover.
- Over 35.000 entries
- Reliable and in-depth etymological information based on linguistic literature and textual sources
DICTIONARY OF SYNONYMS AND ANTONYMS,
(1st edition, 2011) by George Babiniotis
The Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms is an essential, practical and in-depth guide for anyone wanting to use the right word in the right place. A dictionary which broadens, deepens and enriches the knowledge and the usage of Modern Greek.
- 250.000 synonyms and antonyms
- 500 notes which explain the crucial differences between words and illuminate their usage
The only Greek spelling dictionary which clearly and in-depth teaches spelling.
- More than 70.000 headwords
- Syllabification of every headword
- 3.500 notes on the various aspects of the spelling history of many words